Slavica Ražić, PhD
Organizational unit: Department of Analytical Chemistry
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-208
Fax: +381 11 3972-349
Slavica Ražić graduated from the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Pharmacy, where she obtained the title MS and later PhD for the doctorate conducted at the Faculty of Chemistry - Department of Analytical Chemistry (2000). Since 2012. Slavica Ražić is a full professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy - University of Belgrade. She was the Head of the Department of Analytical Chemistry from 2000 to 2007 and will hold this position again from 2022. She supervised a large number of undergraduate and postgraduate student theses (MS and PhD theses) and was a member of PhD thesis defence committees and election committees in Serbia, Spain, Greece, Austria and Macedonia.
Slavica's main research interests are in the analysis of environmental and biological samples, development of analytical methods in combination with modern sample preparation techniques and chemometric analytical methods. Another focus is on (i) risk and toxicity assessment of various compounds in the context of environmental and human health effects and (ii) analytical aspects of green chemistry and its role/applications in pharmaceutical sciences.
Since 2002, she has been the Chair of the Analytical Chemistry Division of the Serbian Chemical Society (SCS) and also represents SCS in the Analytical Chemistry Division of the European Chemical Society (DAC-EuChemS). She was the Chair of DAC-EuChemS in 2017-2022. Slavica Ražić is currently a member of the EuChemS Executive Board. From 2012 to 2016 she was the Vice President of SCS and since 2013 Slavica Ražić has been the official representative of SCS in IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) and also an Associate member of the Analytical Chemistry Division (ACD) from 2016 to 2017.
Academic Awards and Honours: Honorary Member of SCS for exceptional contributions (2017), Meritorious Member of SCS for activities and contributions (2008), Annual Award of the Belgrade Chamber of Commerce for the best PhD thesis in 2001 (2001).
Slavica is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society and Editor-in-Charge of Analytical Chemistry. She is also a member of the international advisory boards of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (Springer), Advances in Sample Preparation (Elsevier) and Journal of Research in Pharmacy. She serves as an editor and reviewer for about 40 international journals. Slavica has been chair/member of scientific and organising committees of numerous international and national conferences.
- Mušović J., Vraneš M., Papović S., Gadžurić S., Ražić S. & Trtić-Petrović T. (2022). Greener sample preparation method for direct determination of Cd(II) and Pb(II) in river sediment based on an aqueous biphasic system with functionalized ionic liquids. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 369, 120974. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2022.120974
- Radosavljević Stevanović N., Jovanović M., Marini F. & Ražić S. (2021). Chemometric approach to a rapid Total Reflection Fourier Transform Infra Red analysis of complex heroin-based mixtures. Applied Spectroscopy, 75(5), 545-555. https://doi.org/10.1177/00037028209697
- Đurđić S., Stanković V., Ražić S. & Mutić J. (2021). Is a Lead Isotope Ratios in Wine Good Marker for Origin Assessment? Frontiers in Chemistry, 9:746695. https://doi.org/10.3389/fchem.2021.746695
- Culicov O. A., Trtić-Petrović T., Balvanović R., Petković A. & Ražić S. (2021). Spatial Distribution of multielements including lanthanides in sediments of Iron Gate I Reservoir on the Danube River. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 28, 44877–44889. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-13752-6
- Đurđić S., Vukojević V., Ražić S. & Mutić J. (2020). Lead isotope ratios as tool for elucidation of chemical environment in a system of Macrolepiota procera (Scop.) Singer - soil. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 28, 59003-59014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-020-07947-6
- Đogo Mračević S., Krstić M., Lolić A. & Ražić S. (2020). Comparative study of the chemical composition and biological potential of honey from diﬀerent regions of Serbia. Microchemical Journal, 152, 104420. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2019.104420
- Filipović N., Stevanović M., Veselinović Lj., Razić S., Jeremić S., Filipič M., Žegura B., Tomić S. & Čolić M. (2019). Poly (ε-caprolactone) microspheres for prolonged release of selenium nanoparticles intended for treatment of implant complications. Materials Science & Engineering C, 96, 776-789. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2018.11.073
- Cvetanović A., Svarc-Gajić J., Zeković Z., Razić S., Damjanović A., Zengin G., Delerue-Matos C. & Moraira M. (2018). A new source for developing multi-functional products: Biological and chemical perspectives on subcritical water extracts of Sambucus ebulus L. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 93, 1097–1104. https://doi.org/10.1002/jctb.5468
- Cvetanović A., Zengin G., Zeković Z, Švarc-Gajić J., Ražić S., Damjanović A., Mašković P. & Mitić M. (2018). Comparative in vitro studies of the biological potential and chemical composition of stems, leaves and berries Aronia melanocarpa's extracts obtained by subcritical water extraction.Food and Chemical Toxicology, 121, 458-466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2018.09.045
- Arsenijević J., Drobac M., Šoštarić I., Ražić S., Milenković M., Couladise M. & Maksimović Z. (2016). Bioactivity of herbal tea of Hungarian thyme based on thecomposition of volatiles and polyphenolics. Industrial Crops and Products, (2016) 89, 14–20.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2018.09.045