Brižita Đorđević, PhD
Position: Full Professor
Organisational unit: Department of Bromatology
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Beograd, Srbija
Phone: +381 11 3951-328
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Brizita Djordjevic was born on December 23, 1962 in Belgrade where she finished elementary and secondary education with excellent marks. She enrolled at the Faculty of Pharmacy in 1981, and graduated in 1985. In 1989 she became trainee teaching assistent at the Department of Bromatology. In 1995 she obtained master of Pharmaceutical Science degree, while she wrote the thesis on Influence of Thermal and Microwave Treatment on Plant Protein Properties. In 1996 she became teaching assistant for scientific field Food Chemistry and Dietetic Products at the University of Belgrade. In 2001 she became Specialist of Sanitary Chemistry, and in 2005 obtained PhD degree and wrote thesis on Influence of Thermal Treatment on Organoleptic Properties and Quality of Food. During 1998 she was on study visit at the UIC Chicago, USA.
Brizita Djordjevic is now Associate Professor at the Department of Bromatology, University of Belgrade and a chief of the Department. At the undergraduate degree program she lectures courses in Bromatology, Food Quality Control I, Food Quality Control II and Dietetics. In addition, she lectures specialist studies in Sanitary Chemistry program, specialist studies in Pharmacotherapy and Pharmacy Practice and also specialist studies in Pharmacy Management and Marketing. She has been mentoring work on several PhD theses, three of which has been already defended. She also mentors a number of specialization papers in Sanitary Chemistry and a large number of graduation theses. Additionally, she was named for lecturer in Bromatology course at the Faculty of Medicine in Banja Luka, Department of Pharmacy. She mentored more than several students’ science papers, while she also lectured at the Petnica Science Center. Futhermore, she was a committee member of the Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade, Working Group for Homeopathic and Traditional Medicine. She actively participated in creating of the Pharmacopoeia Jugoslavica V.
Ms Djordjevic was a member of Faculty of Pharmacy Accreditation Commission, and also Specialization Studies Commission as a chief of specialist studies in Sanitary Chemistry. She is also a member of the Center for Food and Dietary Supplements since its foundation, as well as Sports Medicine Association of Serbia. She participated in more than several congresses: Congress of Sports Science, Cardiology Association, Food Congress, Dietary Supplements Congress, and Pharmaceutical Congress. Moreover, she held a significant number of lectures at national and international conferences and continuing education programs. She was also a member of scientific and organizational committees of several national and international congresses, as well as of more than several students’ meetings. In the cooperation with other authors, she published paper Dietary Supplements on Serbian Market 2007, 2008 and 2010 and also published around 150 papers and reports (announcements) in international and domestic journals. Beside that, she participated in translating Dr Louise Burk’s book Practical Sports Nutrition. She is also a member of the Healthy Food expert council and a co-author of two technical solutions.
She actively uses English, Spanish and also speaks French.
- Djordjevic B. Brain and liver fatty acid composition changes upon consumption of Lactobacillus rhamnosus LA68. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 2014, DOI: 10.3109/09637486.2014.979313. (M23)
- Ivanovic N, Minic R, Dimitrijevic LJ, Radojevic Skodric S, Zivkovic I, and Djordjevic B. Lactobacillus rhamnosus LA68 and Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 differently influence metabolic and immunological parameters in high fat diet-induced hypercholesterolemia and hepatic steatosis. Food & Function, 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C4FO00843 (M21)
- Dimitrijevic, R., Ivanovic, N., Mathiesen, G., Petrusic, V., Zivkovic, I., Djordjevic, B., & Dimitrijevic, L. (2014). Effects of Lactobacillus rhamnosus LA68 on the immune system of C57BL/6 mice upon oral administration. Journal of Dairy Research, 81(02), 202-207. (M21)
- Sopic M, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Baralic I, Kotur-Stevuljevic J, Djordjevic B, Stefanovic A, Jelic-Ivanovic Z. Effects of short- and long-term physical activity on DNA stability and oxidative stress status in young soccer players. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness 2014 June;54(3):354-61 (M23)
- Dodevska M, Šobajić S, Đorđević B. Fibre and polyphenols of selected fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables used in Serbian diet. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. (2014); doi: 10.2298/JSC140407062D (M23)
- Dodevska MS, Đorđević B, Šobajić S, Miletić I, Đorđević P, Dimitrijević-Srećković V. Characterisation of dietary fibre componenets in cereals and legumes used in Serbian diet. Food Chemistry 2013; 141: 1624-1629 (M21)
- Vidović B, Đorđević B, Milovanović S, Škrivanj S, Pavlović Z, Stefanović A, Kotur-Stevuljević J. Selenium, zinc, and copper plasma levels in patients with schizophrenia: relationship with metabolic risk factors. Biological Trace Element Research 2013 Dec; 156 (1-3):22-8. ISSN: 0163-4984 (u štampi) 1559-0720 (Online) (M23)
- Vujovic A, Spasojevic-Kalimanovska V, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Kotur-Stevuljevic J, Sopic M, Stefanovic A, Baralic I, Djordjevic B, Jelic-Ivanovic Z, Spasic S. Lymphocyte cu/zn and mn sod gene expression responses to Intensive endurance soccer training. Biotech&Biotech Equipment 27(3): 3843-3847 (M23)
- Vidović B, Stefanović A, Milanović S, Đorđević B, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Ivaišević J, Miljović M, Spasić S. Associations of oxidative stress status parameters with traditional cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, 2014; Early Online: 1–8 (M23)
- Vidović B, Milovanović S, Đorđević B, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Stefanović A, Ivanišević J, Miljković M, Spasić S, Stojanović D, Pantović M. Effect of alpha-lipoic acid supplementation on oxidative stress markers and antioxidative defense in patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatria Danubina 2014, (in press) (M23)