Milica Ćulafić, M. Pharm.
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Beograd, Srbija
Phone: +381 11 3951-375
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Milica Culafic graduated at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia, in January 2005. She has attended a postgraduate course in Pharmaceutical Care and earned a title of Pharmaceutical care specialist, in 2007. She continued her education at the School of Pharmacy, University College London, United Kingdom (UCL School of Pharmacy), where she received her Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy degree (Cum laude) in October 2009. In 2011 she started her PhD thesis in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacokinetics at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia, focused on patients with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH). In 2013 she began her specialisation in Clinical Pharmacy, also at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
After her graduation, she practised in a variety of community and hospital settings. During her studies in London, she had her residency training at the University College Hospital, London (Ward based).
Since October 2009, Milica started to work in research, clinical and educational settings at the University of Belgrade, Serbia, for the Faculty of Pharmacy – first as an associate at the Department of Bromatology, and later, in January 2011, as a research and teaching assistant at the Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy. She participates in designing, implementing and conducting undergraduate practical courses for the following subjects: Pharmacokinetics, Selected topics of Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy. Since October 2012, she is involved in the care of liver transplant patients at the Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Center of Serbia, where she works as a Clinical Pharmacy Consultant.
Her scientific research interest is manifested through following areas: Clinical Pharmacy in Cardiology, Clinical Pharmacy in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Pharmacokinetics. She acts as a reviewer for international journals: Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, American Journal of Managed Care, American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits. She is a member of European Society of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Antonijević N, Živković I, Jovanović Lj, Matić D, Kočica M, Mrdović I, Kanjuh V, Ćulafić M. Dabigatran – metabolism, pharmacologic properties and drug interactions. Current Drug Metabolism. 2017. Vol: 18 (E-pub Abstract Ahead of Print)
- Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, Vučićević, de Gier JJ. Evaluation of drug-related problems in older polypharmacy primary care patients. J EvalClinPract. 2017.1-6.
- Ćulafić Đ, Štulić M, Obrenović R, Miletić D, Mijač D, Stojković M, Jovanović M, Ćulafić M. Role of cystatin C and renal resistive index in assessment of renal function in patients with liver cirrhosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 Jun 7; 20(21): 6573–6579.
- Vezmar Kovačević S, Simišić M, Stojkov Rudinski S, Ćulafić M, Vučićević K, Prostran M, Miljković B. Potentially inappropriate prescribing in older primary care patients. PLoS One 2014;9:e95536.
- VKovačević SV, Miljković B, Vučićević K, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, de Gier JJ. Elderly polypharmacy patients’needs and concerns regarding medication assessed using the Structured Patient-Pharmacist Consultation Model. Pat Educ Couns. 2017; ( E-pub Abstract Ahead of Print)