Dragana Vujanović, PhD
Position: Full Professor
Organisational unit: Department of Toxicology academic Danilo Soldatovic
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Beograd, Srbija
Room: objekat A, I sprat, 106
Phone: +381 11 3951-249
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Enrolled in the Pharmaceutical faculty in Belgrade in the year 1980/1981. Graduated in 1985 with a GPA of 9,16. Employed by the Institute of Toxicology with analytic since October 1985. Promoted to assistant probationer in April 1987, later in 1993 promoted to assistant. Advanced to the position of docent in 1999, after which to the rank of associate professor in 2004. Reelected as a associate professor on the 24th of December 2009. Became a specialist in toxicological chemistry in 2010.
Dr sci. Pharm. Dragana Vujanovich teaches undergraduate and postgraduate subjects (Toxicology with analytic and Clinical – toxicological analysis) at the Pharmaceutical faculty in Belgrade. Since 1999 she has been teaching theoretical lessons at the Department of Toxicology Danilo Soldatovich. She teaches the optional course at the faculty – ecotoxicology. She was a teacher at the Medical faculty (department of pharmacy) in Banja Luka as well as the Natural sciences faculty (department of chemistry), Banja Luka. She also participates in PhD programs at the Faculty of Dentistry in Belgrade, and at the Natural Sciences faculty, university of Novi Sad. She mentored 45 graduate thesis in toxicological chemistry and ecotoxicology, and she was a committee member in three doctoral degree wins and one masters win.
Coauthored the textbook “The Basis in Enviromental protection and improvement” at the Natural Sciences faculty, university in Prishtina which is stationed in Kosovska Mitrovica (third revised edition). Coauthored “Practicum in toxicological chemistry for the profile of a graduated pharmacist and graduated pharmacist – biochemical” Coauthored a doctoral text book at the Faculty of Dentistry called “Dental Materials 2”
Scientific and research work:
Won her Masters thesis called “The influence of increased quantities of magnesium and therapies concentration of calcium dinatrium EDTA on the content on zinc, copper and lead in guinea pigs” on May the 30th 1993. Won her doctoral dissertation at the Pharmaceutical faculty titled “The influence of magnesium and vitamin C in lead metabolism in guinea pigs”. She has published 82 works so far.
The toxicology of metals: mechanisms of toxicity (interactions of metals and bio elements in vivo), the possibility of treatment and prevention of heavy metal intoxication.
Analysis of problems related to the manifestation of metal toxicity in the environment (especially pollinators). Analysis of the thermo energetic sector in light of environmental pollution and sustainable development (evaluate the condition, asses environmental influence as well as public health)
The Humbolt award for publishing the results of the Tisa expedition (2001-2002)
Ford award (Conservation and Environmental Grants “Energy – environment, poverty”)
Know languages: English
- Vujanovic Dragana, Lack of home heating by education and household composition (Serbia and Montenegro), in: Environmental health inequalities in Europe. WHO Regional Office for Europe: Assessment report. World Health Organization, 2012, ISBN 978 92 890 0260 8 (http://www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-publish/abstracts/environmental-health-inequalities-in-europe.-assessment-report) – 142.
- Vujanovic Dragana, Assessing and reporting on environmental health inequalities related to lack of heated space and indoor pollution in Serbia and Montenegro, in: Environmental health inequalities in Europe. WHO Regional Office for Europe: Assessment report. World Health Organisation, 2012, ISBN 978 92 890 0260 8 (http://www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-publish/abstracts/environmental-health-inequalities-in-europe.-assessment-report) – 164-167.
- Bulat Zorica, Đukić-Ćosić Danijela, Antonijević Biljana, Bulat Petar, Vujanović Dragana, Buha Aleksandra, Matović Vesna, Effect of magnesium supplementation on the distribution patterns of zinc, copper, and magnesium in rabbits exposed to prolonged cadmium intoxication. The Scientific World Journal, 2012, doi: 10.1100/2012/572514.
- “Stuck in the Past, Energy, Environment and Poverty, Serbia and Montenegro”, UNDP, Belgrade, 2004. ISBN No 86-905231-0-3
- Soldatović D., Matović V., Vujanović D.,Guiet-BaraM., Durlach J. Metal pollutants and bio elements: retrospective of interactions between magnesium and toxic metals. Magnesium Research, 2002;15(1-2):67-72.
- Todorović, T., Vujanović, D., (2002): The influence of magnesium on the activity of some enzymes in condition of sub chronic lead poisoning. In: Magnesium Research. 15,3/4, 173 –177.
- Soldatović D., Matović V., Vujanović D. Prophylactic effect of high magnesium intake in rabbits exposed to prolonged lead intoxication. Magnesium Research 1993; 6:145-8.
- Soldatović D, Vujanović D, Matović V, Plamenac Z. Compared effects of high oral Mg supplements and of EDTA chelating agent on chronic lead intoxication in rabbits. Magnesium Research 1997; 10 (2):127-33.
- Soldatović D, Matović V, Vujanović D, Stojanović Z. Contribution to interaction between magnesium and toxic metals: the effect of prolonged cadmium intoxication on magnesium metabolism in rabbits. Magnesium Research 1998; 11,4 283-8.