Marija Jovanović, PhD
Position: Assistant Professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 113951 373
Dr sc. Marija Jovanovic was born in 1983 in Belgrade, where she finished elementary school and the Tenth Belgrade High School. She graduated in 2008 at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade with an average score of 9.58 (9 and 58/100).
She defended her PhD thesis in July 2016. at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade. She completed postgraduate academic specialization Pharmaceutical Care in 2012 and enrolled the medical specialization Clinical Pharmacy in 2013, both at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia. After completing her internship, she passed the exam for pharmacists in 2010.
She works at the Department of Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy from 2009, first as an associate and an assistant, and since March 2017 as an assistant professor. She participates in the preparation and implementation of undergraduate classes in the subject Pharmacokinetics, Selected Chapters in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Pharmacy.
Her research interest is manifested in the following areas:pharmacometrics, population pharmacokinetic approach to data analysis, pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacokinetics and clinical pharmacy. Since 2011 she has been involved in two national projects entitled "Experimental and clinical pharmacological research into the mechanism of action and drug interactions in the nervous and cardiovascular system" (No. 175023) and "Modulation of signaling pathways that control intracellular energy balance in the treatment of tumors and neuro -immune - endocrine disorders" (No. 41025) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological development, Republic of Serbia. She was involved in the bileteral project with Slovenia. (2014-2015, 451-03-3095/2014-09/12).
She participated in a number of meetings organized by students of the Faculty of Pharmacy. She is a member of the committees for graduate theses and mentor/co - mentor of student research projects. She is also a member of the Pharmaceutical Association of Serbia and she is engaged in the activities of the Section for Pharmaceutical Health Care.
- Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Vučićević K, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, de Gier JJ. Elderly polypharmacy patients' needs and concerns regarding medication assessed using the structured patient-pharmacist consultation model. Patient Educ Couns. 2017 May 1. pii: S0738-3991(17)30256- 2. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2017.05.001. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Ćulafić M, Kovačević M, Golubović B, Jovanović M, Vučićević K, de Gier JJ. Evaluation of drug-related problems in older polypharmacy primary care patients. J Eval Clin Pract. 2017 Mar 29. doi: 10.1111/jep.12737. [Epub ahead of print].
- Jovanović М, Sokić D, Grabnar I, Vovk T, Prostran M, Erić S, Kuzmanovski I, Vučićević K, Miljković B. Application of counter-propagation artificial neural networks in prediction of topiramate concentration in patients with epilepsy. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2015;18(5):856-862.
- Vučićević K, Jovanović M, Golubović B, Kovačević SV, Miljković B, Martinović Z, Prostran M. Nonlinear mixed effects modelling approach in investigating phenobarbital pharmacokinetic interactions in epileptic patients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2015;71(2):183-190.
- Jovanović M, Sokić D, Grabnar I, Vovk T, Prostran M, Vučićević K, Miljković B. Population pharmacokinetics of topiramate in adult patients with epilepsy using nonlinear mixed effects modelling. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2013; 50:282-289.