Ljiljana Đekić, PhD
Position: Assistant Professor
Organizational unit: Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology
Address: Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia
Phone: +381 11 3951-359
Fax: +381 11 3972-840
Ljiljana Djekic was received her BSc (1998), MSc (2004), and PhD (2011) in Pharmaceutical technology at the University of Belgrade – Faculty of pharmacy. She is currently Docent at Department of Pharmaceutical technology and cosmetology, University of Belgrade – Faculty of pharmacy.
Her teaching activities are involved in academic studies courses in Pharmaceutical technology and Novel pharmaceutical dosage forms as well as in specialization and doctoral studies. She is the author or the coauthor of several textbooks in the fields of: compounding, pharmaceutical technology and pharmaceutical preformulation and formulation. She was a member of the expert group for charmonisation and elaboration of monographs of Jugoslovenska farmakopeja 2000. (Ph. Jug. V). She is amentor of several students research projects at the Faculty of Pharmacy. L. Djekic is an active member of Pharmaceutical Association of Serbia.
She reviewed a numerous scientific papers for the journals: International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, Journal of Nanobiotechnology, Drug Delivery, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, Arhiv za farmaciju. Her research interest is focused on development and characterization of novel drug delivery systems. She is the author or the coauthor of more than 50 scientific papers, professional papers, book chapters and short communications papers.
- Djekic L, Primorac M. Percutaneous Penetration Enhancement Potential of Microemulsion-Based Organogels. In: Percutaneous Penetration Enhancers. Chemical Methods in Penetration Enhancement. Nanocarriers. Nina Dragicevic, Howard I. Maibach (Eds), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2016, pp. 263-282. (DOI 10.1007/978-3-662-47862-2_17) (ISBN 978-3-662-47861-5)
- Djekic L. Liposomes: Properties and Therapeutic Applications. In: Novel Approaches for Drug Delivery. Raj K. Keservani, Anil K. Sharma, Rajesh Kumar Kesharwani (Eds). IGI Global, Hershey 2016, pp. 27-51 (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0751-2.ch002) (In press)
- Djekic L, Martinovic M, Primorac M. Microemulsion Hydrogels – Properties and Current Applications in Drug Delivery. In: Microemulsions: Systems, Properties and Applications. In: Torres T (Ed), Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, 2016, (Chapter 1). (ISBN: 978-1-63485-890-8) (In production)
- Djekic L, Martinovic M, Stepanović-Petrović R, Micov A, Tomić M, Primorac M. Formulation of hydrogel-thickened nonionic microemulsions with enhanced percutaneous delivery of ibuprofen assessed in vivo in rats. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 6 May 2016 (DOI: 10.1016/j.ejps.2016.05.005)
- Djekic L, Krajišnik D, Micic Z, Čalija B. Formulation and physicochemical characterization of hydrogels with 18ß-glycyrrhetinic acid/phospholipid complex phytosomes. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2016, 35, 81-90.
- Janković J, Djekic L, Dobričić V, Primorac M. Evaluation of critical formulation parameters in design and differentiation of self-microemulsifying drug delivery systems (SMEDDSs) for oral delivery of aciclovir. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016, 497(1-2), 301-311.
- Djekic L, Martinovic M, Stepanović-Petrović R, Tomić M, Micov A, Primorac M. Design of Block Copolymer Costabilized Nonionic Microemulsions and Their In Vitro and In Vivo Assessment as Carriers for Sustained Regional Delivery of Ibuprofen via Topical Administration. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015, 104(8), 2501-2512.
- Djekic L, Krajisnik D, Martinovic M, Djordjevic D, Primorac M. Characterization of gelation process and drug release profile of thermosensitive liquid lecithin/poloxamer 407 based gels as carriers for percutaneous delivery of ibuprofen. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2015, 490(1-2), 180-189.
- Đekić Lj. Nanoinkapsulacija - primena i značaj u isporuci aktivnih supstanci. Naučna monografija. Zadužbina Andrejević, Beograd, 2014 (ISBN 978-86-525-0171-7)
- Đekić Lj, Čalija B, Vuleta G. Izrada magistralnih i galenskih lekova – propisi i standardi. Arhiv za farmaciju, 2013, 63, 443-469.